Monday, July 28, 2008

In København

So I finally have some time to write about what I'm doing lately.
Yes, I'm in Copenhagen since Friday afternoon. After a nice trip by buss and ferry from Luebeck, Germany, which lasted 5 hours, but actually felt like 2, I got to the Copenhagen Central Station. Good thing my buss station was close to it, so that I could take my luggage and go to an exchange office to get some DKK, in order to make a phone call from a public phone. And yes, forgot to tell you, nobody was expecting me then any more, because I arrived 3 hours later than expected (wasn't my fault, the trafiic was bad :)))
10 minutes after calling Michael, the LCP from Copanhagen CBS, we met in front of a McDonald's, and then headed
directly to my appartment.
There I had a great surprise to find out that I don't have a room of myself yet. I'm actually still sleeping in the couch, but hopefully not for long time. Good thing the sofa is long enough, so that I can fit on it.
Another funny thing is the light here, the sun sets much later than 10 pm and rises at 4 am, that's really bad for me, since the landlord of the apartment didn't buy yet any blinds to my room. That's why for the last few days I wasn't sleeping more than 5 hours out of 24. Well, at least I have some more time for that until I start working next Friday.
Danish is a very difficut language for me. So far I can say "hej"="hello", "hej hej"="goodbye", "tak"="thank you", and I'm very proud of myself. I'm not expecting to learn too much in a year, especially because at work I will be speaking in English, but also because here almost every dane speaks excellent English ( - I know it because I always stop people on the street to ask for directions when I get lost). But it would be a pitty to leave from here in a year without knowing at leat the basic things about the language, so I will try to make the best of my stay.

No comments: