Friday, August 29, 2008

What if Architecture Can Change the World?

Free entrance at the Architecture Museum last Wednesday!
Was a bit disappointed at the beginning, just a 2-room museum, with lots of small building models and some screens to watch short movies.
I don't know exactly what made me be so disappointed. After all, I knew from the beginning I was going to an architecture museum, not a dinosaur exhibition combined with ice-cream factory tour, culminating with a roller coaster ride.:D
I guess I was already too tired from work, and needed something more entertaining...
Anyway, once I started reading things about the buildings and their purpose, I was pretty much captivated, so I stayed for more than an hour (I think), to watch most of the movies there (at least those in English), and to take pictures of the models.Actually, the exhibition's aim was to display ways in which Danish architecture can have an impact on the communities' sustainability.
Lots of original ideas and complex plans, some of them achieved, others under construction, others waiting for approval, implemented all over the world, serving as schools, malls, office buildings, bridges, etc, either adjusting to the landscape and/or local culture, either not, creating a very powerful and inspiring contrast.
.. also, was quite exciting for me to see in the presentations some of the buildings from Copenhagen I was already familiar with (e.g.: some buildings/streets from Frederiksberg).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like your blogg

Anonymous said...

buna alex, de ce nu scrii in lba romana?
oricum pot sa inteleg engleza sau romaneste :D, dar te raspund eu doar in romana (pt k vorbesc cu o romanca)

cum a fost in muzeul? iti place sa vizitezi la muzeul? d c nu ai pus m multe poze la blog, sau chiar link-uri, ca sa le pot vede.

Alexandra said...

buna khoa,
scriu in engleza ptr ca am multi prieteni care nu inteleg romana. dar tie iti raspund in romana, deocamdata nu am invatat vietnameza :)
poze(de prin mai multe locuri) sunt aici: http://picasaweb.google.com/alx84dan. tu pe unde mai esti? cum e in vacanta?